"We have everything we wish NOT to have in Romania" - Raparta

Monday, December 12, 2005

December, a great month.. is it? (I)

Hello again, it's been a while since i last posted (haha, that's what i said in my last post). Anyway, nothing important happened in my life that had to be mentioned.. or maybe i didn't had enough time to keep my blog update.
I was thinking on a topic that i would bring in discusion, and the best i could come up with is December, the month :). A month that started great, the first day being Romania's national day. This is going to be the first part of the December trilogy.

The one thing i can't understand is how come all our people are so ashamed when it comes to our national day. Many of us probably don't even know what the day of december 1st means, for them is just another reason to party and get drunk, forgeting the lifes that were lost for them to be free now. They're forgetting that there were people who after World War One fought with weapons or with words for our country to keep its territories. This is something that really botheres me and i just hope someday, people will change their mentalities.

I've been downtown and celebrated with the members of the party and then in the evening i went to see the fireworks and listen to our folklore music. It was a fine day, maybe not as i expected to be.. when i got home i felt sorry the day passed so quickly.. i felt there were more things i should have done.

Here are some pics i made with my digital camera that i would like to share with you.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home