"We have everything we wish NOT to have in Romania" - Raparta

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Age of innocence

Ok, today i'm going blog about my other passion besides the New York Knicks and Hiphop music. What could it be but cartoons :)
I think all of us had an attraction for animation, but some of us developed it in time and others are addicted now. I'm a cartoon addicted =)
Ever since i child i watched the classics: Looney tunes, Droopy (this is part of lonney tunes too, right?), Tom & Jerry, the Flinstones, but no series captivated me the was The Simpsons did it.

That's the guy, Bart Simpson. I just got from my cousin 8 gigabytes of the series and started to watch, oh the memories :) The one thing i liked about them, was that they always kept the show fresh, no matter how many seasons it had. I know i've been looking at the show when i was in 4th grade, well, that's when i first made contact with them.
In college, although the cartoons have been aired in Romania some years ago, i started to be a South Park maniac, and believe it or not, my favorite episode was Quintuplets :) I enjoyed the show because of the black humor and of the lesson that ended each episode. I also liked the crappy animation. My favorite character was by far Kenny. Well he didn't had such an important role but he died in 90% of the episodes plus that he speaks very funny. the other character i liked was Cartman (now shoot me).
South Park was a very good show, but after every episode i felt that something was missing. It was like i couldn't enjoy the episode the way i wanted to..
That's when i discovered Family Guy, the show that i've been watching for the past few months. the animation is much better comparing to South Park or the Simpsons, the vulgarity is less than in South Park and the subtility of the jokes is AOK. I don't even know what character i like most: Brian, Stewie, Chris, Peter,.. the Evil Monkey..? the truth is that i like them all. The untold story of Stewie Griffin was a very good movie, well, the first half at least, the second one was pretty much garbage. I still have dozens of episodes waiting for me to download so a better oppinion about this show i will have in the next months..
However, i stood some time wondering which exactly cartoon i liked most, and to tell you the truth, the first love is unforgettable, so the prize goes to The Simpsons. Thanks for changing my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home